Thursday, October 28, 2010

*Nanny*

I just finished reading a two book series by Francine Rivers titled, "Her Mother's Hope" & "Her Daughter's Dream".
These two books have made it to the top of my all time favorite books I've read in my life!
It's a wonderful story about 5 generations of women. It's about how terribly messed up things can be when we simply do not communicate, and sadly how sometimes we never get the chance to make those misunderstandings right with the people we love most.
It made me want to visit with a very special woman in my life, and finally yesterday I had a couple of extra hours to make the drive over to see her.
My Nanny, she has always held a very special place in my heart. She and my papa raised me for most of my childhood until I met my dad, and even then they were always so invested in my life and my education.
I wanted to spend all of my time with them when I wasn't in school or at my dad's,
which caused a lot of problems with my mom of course.
So I really related to these books in a personal way, and they gave me insight to how my mom felt all of those years I fought to stay with Nanny instead of her.
I have tried to fix things with my mom in my adult years, but I'm not sure that wound will ever heal.
So in the mean time I enjoy every minute I get to spend with my grandmother, she has such a story to tell about her life and the things she has been through. I love to hear about her time in Germany, and what her family life was like raising 4 girls full of mischief and dreams of their own.
She has taught me a lot about what it means to be a good mama. Someday (Lord willing) I will get to try and live up to the woman she is to her children, and the woman she is to me.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Proverbs 31:28

2 comments:

Katie said...

Gosh I love this post. So sweet! What a great way to get to know people, these blogs :)

Jessica S. said...

Good! I'm glad you like it! =)
Blogging is such a good way to write down your life and all the things you love about it, and all the things you don't sometimes.