Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teefers

Well, the past week has been very eventful at my house.
The Mr. had some oral surgery Feb. 3rd
He is getting implants in place of his two front teeth.
When he was 9 he had a bicycle accident and knocked his front two adult teeth out. The dentist was able to stick them back in but they were dead. So they have been "hangin in there" all this time. His momma decided she wanted to pay for him to have the implants put in and she finally saved enough for us to schedule his appointment.
So Thursday they pulled the front two teeth, cut out all 4 wisdom teeth and drilled the screw in for his implants. They gave him a flipper plate to wear so he wont have to go toothless when he doesn't want to. =)
They were actually supposed to take bone from his jaw and put in place of the bone in the front of his mouth. But when they got in there they found more bone than they thought he would have. So they were able to put the screws in the bone they found and that eliminated the second surgery! Praise the Lord!
In 6 months he will go back to have the permanent implants put on. We are very excited, he hasn't been able to bite into anything since he knocked them out 14 years ago.
However, he woke up during the surgery Thursday and got to watch them stitch him up (YIPES) he was in a LOT of pain on the drive home. Which meant he was NOT about eating something so he could take his pain medicine. But he decided he didn't want to throw up with stitches in his mouth and gave in. (thank goodness)
I loved taking care of him. It feels good to be needed and not be the needing one for a change. =)
But I hated all the pain he was in, that was the most difficult part.
 I have to say, he is pretty stinkn cute without those teefers. Maybe I'll just keep him this way. =) haha

3 comments:

Beaubecky said...

That does sound painful! So glad he is doing okay.

Rachel said...

You are so cute! I'm glad I got to see you the other day, and I hope Adam heals quickly!

Tonia Hobbs said...

Glad you guys are making it! I understand the whole nurse thing. . . God bless you.