Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mom

One person in my life that God has used to mold me into who He wants me to be, is my momma.
We have never quite seen eye to eye and she has tried my patience as much as I have tried hers I'm sure. (haha)
We are so much alike that we didn't get along so well when I was growing up. And we were so different that it made things even worse sometimes.(if that makes sense)
But through the years God has used her mistakes AND mine to bring me to the realization that people aren't perfect, and can never be. We say things that we regret, we make bad decisions, and sometimes we make those same bad decisions again and again, that will affect us and the ones we love for a very long time, if not for the rest of their/our lives.

Still Jesus is always there telling us to just give it to Him and He will make it whole again. I feel like that's what he has done with mine and my mothers relationship. He has made it whole. I could care less about the things that have happened in our past and all the things that were said and done that hurt my feelings. I believe with all my heart that only HE can work a miracle such as that.

When I was growing up I thought that I wouldn't want anything to do with my mother when I got older. But as an adult now and a married woman, there are times in my life that there isn't a single person in this whole world that I want besides my mom.
I thank God for the healing He has done in my heart and hopefully the healing he has done in hers.
I love her so much and I hope she knows that.

No comments: