Monday, March 7, 2011

Mugs -N- Muffins and an AWESOME girls day!

Since I have been following Kelly's Korner I have read about Mugs -N- Muffins a couple of times and thought that it looked like such an awesome time with some awesome women! Well recently my wonderful friend Katie asked if i'd like to go! I dont know why I never considered this possibility! It's not like it's across the country or anything, haha. So of course I was up for it! One of my favorite women of faith (Angie Smith from Bring the Rain) was scheduled to speak, so I was EXTREMELY excited about that! We decided to go there and then take the rest of the day to eat and shop (my two favortite things lol). What's not to love?

I just adore Angie and her story about Audrey.
Even though everyone there probably knew that story from reading her blog and book she felt led to share it again (in person).
I am so glad she did.
There wasn't a dry eye in the room of course. But I loved to hear her talk about how in her darkest, saddest hour she asked the Lord to meet her where she was....and He did.
She reminded me that no matter what I face in life, I can always know that my sweet Jesus will never leave me. I can count on Him to be there with me in EVERY circumstance I face, good or the bad. It was a wonderful, emotional story of a mothers love for her baby girl. The selfish times, and the incredible selfLESS times.
(from left to right)
Katie, Angie Smith, Me, Kelly Stamps
If you havent read her story I encourage you to do so!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Such a fun day!!

Beaubecky said...

O my goodness! You got to hear angie speak!? Her story is AMAZING!!

meeksmiles33 said...

SO excited you got to meet Kelly!! Awesome to meet Angie as well.