Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Now and The Upcoming

This sweet vermin has come to stay with her Aunt Jessie for a few days:
Meet miss Lucy =) she's an Augie = Half Mini Australian Shepherd Half Corgi (ha ha)
She and my Little Joe have made big buddies and keep each other out of trouble. I'm enjoying having her here but Adam has informed me he has  "no more love in his heart for another dog" assuming I will not send her back to my sister if I spend too much time with her. ha ha (he knows me alllll too well)

Of course I couldn't resist playing dress up ha ha
But all the playtime sure wears a girl out! ha ha
I will enjoy her while I can and send her back when I think the Mr. is growing worried that he is the new owner of another dog. =)

My Honey (Bunches of Oats lol) comes home next week! She has been at the trainer for 41 days today. She has been broke to ride and is currently having an attitude adjustment for one more week before I bring her home. The brave trainer I sent her to is pregnant and has quite the baby bump but informed me that "9 months is simply TOO LONG to be pinned up" from the very thing she loves doing the most. SO she offered to work on Honey one more week before she calls it quits until after the baby comes.
I am really anxious to get back in the saddle on a regular basis. Since Jazzy (Honey's mama) I have developed an inconvenient (to say the least) fear of horses (mainly because Jazzy is a psychopath and knows how to push my scaredy cat buttons). But I will just have to get over it and start fresh with Honey. Since I have put so much money into having her trained I will definitely have to prove to the Mr. it was money well spent. So until the next winter solstice you will see me in this position every day from 4:45-sundown:
That is Buddy my sisters "Trusty Steed" lol
He was actually a snot slinging psycho himself when she first started riding him.
But after hours of being bucked off and head butting competitions he finally surrendered. =)
He is one of the most sound horses I've been on and he gives me lots of confidence.
Hopefully Errica will be up to helping me better my riding skills once I get Honey home.

Other than that my month of March is packed full of weddings and baby showers.
*side note: I have NEVER in my LIFE seen little girl baby clothes as cute as I have seen at some of these showers going on....be still my heart......
Let's just hope for my poor hubby's sake that we won't be having any of those.
He-will-be-worthless.


2 comments:

Beaubecky said...

O my goodness! That puppy is SO cute!!

Katie said...

Cute Cute post!!