Well, I can't let this holiday pass me by without listing what I am thankful for! So, I'm going to list several things until I feel like I should stop... =)
1. My Lord and Savior. My salvation. He has blessed me with all of these things that I am about to list, even though I've done absolutely nothing to deserve them.
2. My sweet husband. He is my rock. As crazy as this world may be, and no matter how fast I feel like I'm spinning, he is always there at the end of the day with open arms for me to fall into. If my family is never bigger than the two of us, I know my heart will still be bursting-at-the-seams with love and joy.
3. My freedom. It's an incredible thing to know that I will be able to go to church with my church family on Sunday morning after Thanksgiving -without fear- to worship the Jesus that died for me. This is definitely something I take for granted on a regular basis, but it's also something that would be greatly missed if I didn't have it in the morning. (and that's an understatement)
4. My friends. I have been blessed abundantly with sweet friends this year. There was a time in my life after I got married when I didn't know if I would ever have friends again, like the ones I have now. They are truly a blessing to me.
5. The family I married into. I don't think I could have done a better job If I'd picked them out of a catalog. They are wonderful and I love them so so much. They have a love for the Lord and people like no other, and they are constant and involved in mine and Adam's lives regularly.
6. My family. They are one of a kind for sure. Their all a little crazy, but how would I explain myself if they weren't? I love them so much and I am so thankful to have each and every one of them a part of my life this holiday season.
7. Adam's job. It is a hard one and there aren't many days that he comes home that he isn't utterly exhausted, but he enjoys what he does and that is hard to come by. His employer is also kind and loves Adam like his own son, that is worth so much.
8. Adam's health. Obviously without this he wouldn't have the ability to be very good at #7. It's definitely one of those things I often take for granted. He is such a strong man in every way, but especially when it comes to being healthy. I am so thankful for his immune system. It's just reassuring to know that he isn't always going to get my bug when I catch one.
9. My health. There are so many life threatening things that women all over the world are facing today. I am beyond thankful that I can say I am not facing any of those things.
10. My home. I still can't believe that as a 23 year old woman I am living in my (Lord willing) forever home. I love going upstairs and looking into the bedrooms with hopes that someday I will see a couple of bright cheer-y faces playing with toys, or sitting in their window seat reading a book. It really makes my heart feel like it could explode with excitement. It's warm, cozy, beautiful and I am so proud to call it my own.
11. My vehicle. After having the Tahoe struck by lightening, and alllll the other multiple issues we have had with our vehicles in the past year, I become a little more grateful every time I turn the key in the ignition and hear an engine rev to life.
I'll go ahead and stop there, since I can't seem to write something without a novel behind it. ha-ha.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hold on tight! Christmas is juuuust around the corner!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















2 comments:
I loved reading this! You are a blessed girl, Merry Christmas!!
Thank you friend!! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment