Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm Still Here!! I Promise! BUSY HOLIDAY SEASON!

So, I know I have been TERRIBLE at posting lately!! But I'm still here! When I'm not working on memorizing my play lines, learning new lyrics to Christmas songs, or just working, there is no more time in my day to post or even think about a post. But after a weekend like this one I simply had to take some time out of my craziness to document how wonderful it was.

  • Thursday Night = I committed myself to making a big "stick to your ribs" kind of dinner. I made the "Lumberjack Falls Skillet" from Silver D*llar City for the main course. Adam had been craving it so I found the recipe online. It turned out perfect!! For dessert I decided to work for some extra brownie points and made little apple pies. They were uh-mazing. I did score the extra points too. =) Doesn't sound like much but it was a lot of work.
  • Friday = I got to spend time at home being a bum [it was much needed after the busy week I had]. I told myself and Adam that I wasn't going to do a single thing except for watch movies of my choice and do so while in the PJ's. It.was.heavenly.
While I was watching Ri0 (btw...such a cute movie that I decided to buy it!) I got a text from a sweet girl with an invitation to go eat some BBQ in Ozark later that night with her and her hubs. I will just say how incredible it feels to put the past behind you and move on with people that you love. It is such a wonderful feeling. Needless to say we had a great time. Lot's of laughs (that's my favorite) and just talking late into the night. Looking forward to doing that more often in the future.

  • Saturday = We were invited to go to a fraternity chartering/reception type thing for Nick. I don't really know what it was called, but basically we saw Nick receive his certificate for joining his fraternity and the fraternity president receive his position in the newly founded fraternity (confusing? I know, I still don't get it all). The initiation part was in private earlier that day and the reception part we went to was held for family and friends to come and support their boys.
*Here we are...I look like I have no hair in this picture, I'm not a big fan but it's the only one I got. haha














*Here's a good one of me in the bathroom haha! This is the picture I sent my friend Jenn to show her my hair and makeup. Oh and this was right after I took my panty hose off because I felt like an old lady with them on since my dress didn't cover them. Haha (not to mention I couldn't BREATH either.)



















After it was over we went to C0lt0n's Steak house for dinner.
*Adam sitting on the saddle seat while waiting for our table....lol crack me up.
























Nick went and picked up his sweet friend HD. [yes I'm keeping her name a secret for now] ;) This was her first introduction to the parent's. Adam and I actually met her randomly at a late movie last weekend with her girlfriend's that had drove home for the weekend. (I'm probably not supposed to be writing about her yet. But I'm almost certain he has met his match. (that makes my heart pitter patter) ) She is absolutely precious in every way, and absolutely beautiful inside and out. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for the two of them. Hopefully I will be able to write about her more later, until then everyone reading needs to keep this quiet. (pretty please) I.love.her. moving on

After dinner we went back to Nick's apartment/dorm and visited with him and all his friends that decided to join us in his room (which is not big enough for the 10 people that sat in there for 2 hours. lol )
*aww, brother's...they never get to big to love on each other. =)






















We put this on Nick's truck while we were there too. =) His nickname is Chuckle's or Chuck. I don't know if anyone at school knows him as Nick. Too funny.

  • Sunday = We went to church and heard a great message from Bro. Jeff. It's so easy to get too busy during this time of the year (hence the post title). About how getting out of your everyday routine of having a quiet time with the Lord can make you lose your joy and excitement during all of the Thanksgiving and Christmas activities and just life in general. It was just what I needed to hear, and I'm so thankful to have heard that message so early into the holidays. It was a great reminder.
After Church we drove the jeep over to our friends grandparents place to fish! Fishing in November? Never even crossed my mind. But since it was nearly 80 degrees it sounded like a great plan. So I threw some chicken and dumplin's in the crock pot and flew out the door! We had a wonderful time. Didn't catch any fish, but I did catch a tree or two and got to chase a fat, crazed, cow away from my sweet fur baby with a big stick. =) LOL good times.

It was truly a wonderful weekend spent with great friends and family. It makes me even more excited for all the time we'll get to spend together in the next couple of months.

God is good and He is so faithful.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

You guys looked so nice at Nicks thing!! And I'm glad the cow didn't get little joe :) ha!

Jessica S. said...

Thank you!! We don't clean up like that too often (thank goodness haha!) Me too!! I thought it was actually going to get him at first!!