I can't believe Christmas is only 3 days away (well technically 2). December has flown by for me! Adam is gone on a duck hunt with work until tomorrow evening so T and I made a trip to see my mom's side of the family and spend the night. It's been a lot of fun. When I first got here I sat T down on the floor to play and instead of slumping over he sat up all on his own! I didn't catch it at first and then I realized HE'S SITTING UP?! haha. He will be mobile before we know it, I can't believe how fast this all happens. I sent Adam a picture, he was so excited.
I love spending time with my moms family during the holidays. They weren't as fun as a teenager but now that I have a little one it's kind of gone back to how it was when I was little, and those were the best memories for me. We didn't have cable so at Christmas we'd bundle up and head to Nanny's house to watch the 25 days of Christmas on tv. I'm so glad I still have Nanny around to enjoy the holidays with now that I have a little one. We've made lots of sweet memories today.
I am super tired, but haven't been doing very good at getting back to this so I wanted to make sure I did a post. Friday night we had a wedding rehearsal for a sweet couple Jake and Rebel. Christmas wedding's are beautiful to me. After rehearsal we went out with Jake and Emily for dinner for my birthday, which was Saturday. It was fun, we always have such a great time with them. Then Saturday I woke up early and went to Emily's mommas house, she made me birthday breakfast. yum. She is so sweet. It was wonderful and a couple of my other girlfriends and their babies came, we had a wonderful morning visiting and laughing. After that I went home and got ready for the wedding, I sang "yahweh" by Kari Jobe. It went well I think. We had a great time but then had to head home to celebrate Christmas with Adam's brother and sister in-law while they were in town. After we exchanged gifts we headed home and packed up for Adam's trip and mine. Needless to say it was a LONG day and we got to bed about 1 o'clock. Poor baby was so tired you could make him cry just by looking at him. Haha, me too. ;)
Then we got up early this morning for church, cause I had to be there for all three services. Drove to moms and spent all day with family, and now I am barely holding my eyes open while the little guy is snoring beside me. =)
I can't end my day without thanking God. Of course life has it's ups and downs, but it is good. So very good. I am so thankful for getting to be here with the people I love, another year. People always say the older you get, your birthday just becomes another day. But I don't ever want it to be just another day. With all the sickness and disease and just the bad things in this world it is a true blessing to have your health and just to be alive and safe in a country that is still free. We should always celebrate our birthday! Even if all you do is stick a candle in a pancake and sing the birthday song, always be thankful for another year. I love you Lord, thank you!
Well I think that's all I can squeeze out for now, I'm so exhausted. Sorry no pics, I got an Ipad for Christmas (oops it was early), and I haven't quite figured out how to do the whole picture thing the way I want So it may be a while before I get pics added to my posts.
If I don't write again before Christmas, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and I hope you remember the reason for the season!
Goodnight!!
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















2 comments:
Loving your posts!
thank you Katie!!
Post a Comment