Monday, May 9, 2011

Healing

Well, I am SO incredibly happy to say my brother Cody went home on Saturday!
The Dr. said he was healing good and fast and that he could heal the rest of the way in the comfort of his home.

Looking better!

Cody is beyond blessed that he is still with us after all of this. I am so thankful that the Lord has shown him so much favor and I'm praying that Cody understands that he really has been given a second chance, even at the age of 16.

I know from my own experience that sometimes when we are going in the wrong direction the Lord "puts a kink in our chain" to get our attention, and fix our eyes on Him again. I really feel
like that's what this was for Cody.

As his big sister I have seen him; come home from the hospital a new born baby boy, eat his first birthday cake, run around in nothing but a diaper like a wild man, and be adored by everyone that saw his sweet face for the first time.

When he was still a little baby my mom used to put him in a bean bag in front of the TV while we watched movies and kept out of her hair. As soon as she left the room I would scoop him out of that bean bag and rock him back and forth against my chest, smell his sweet little head and pat him on the bottom, and as soon as I could hear her coming I would hurry to put him riiiight back where he was so she'd never know I was holding him without her assistance. I was in love with him even then at 8 years old.

I have watched him grown into a his weird little teenage body with big feet, big hands, hairy legs, deep voice, but have always had the highest hopes for his future even when we have been in disagreements or in the middle of a weird "down time".

He hasn't always made the decisions I would have made in a lot of situations but that's just the way it is. I have to remember that all I can do sometimes is pray. So that's what I do. When I can't be there to take him a coke or a pizza (the boy loves to eat), or give him a hug, or ask him if what he is about to do is right, I pray. I pray that the Lord gives him wisdom to do whats right in every situation, and that He will just keep His hand in Cody's life and draw him back the relationship he once had with Jesus. Right now that's as far into the future my prayers go. It's like, most days I just feel like if we can just get him to his 20's we'll be doing good.

I love him so much. I don't know that I will ever not think of him as that tiny baby that I used to sneak around to hold, all those years ago. I guess that's why my heart feels like it just stops beating when stuff like this happens to him. I want to see him grow up to be old and gray headed with a family of his own. I know the Lord has something big planned for his life and even though it seems hard to understand it now, i know this is definitely part of that plan.

Other than that, not much going on. Had a quiet weekend resting from the crazy week.
I'm enjoying my last couple of days with my peonies...



3 comments:

Katie said...

So sweet.

Rachel said...

I feel like your heart for your brother is a lot like mine for my sister :) Love you, and can't wait for girls night!!

Jessica S. said...

Love YOU! I'm SO excited about our girls night!