Even though this happened last, I want to mention it first.
As of May 1, 2011 the search for Osama has come to an end.
Rep. Steve Womack, R-Rogers, is a former National Guard commander who was deployed in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
"I join my colleagues in celebrating this important military achievement — the killing of Bin Laden — clearly our nation's highest and most elusive target since 9/11,” Womack said. “The successful elimination of bin Laden is a victory for our nation, those personally affected by 9/11 and the ensuing war on terror, as well as the free world. I congratulate the brave members of our military who made this news possible and who selflessly serve the cause of freedom around the world."
Today, I am just so incredibly proud to be an American.
But there is also fear that comes along with what has happened. A fear so big I can not face it on my own, so I have no other choice but to give it to the Lord. But I also find comfort in knowing that I serve a living God! A God that takes this matter into His hands and it is no longer a big scary thing. In the end we as Christians have the victory through Christ and what He did for us on the cross. No matter what happens here on this earth we have already won. I just have to rest on that promise.
OK, now that I got all that out...=)
Friday night I was invited to my sweet fried Katie's house for her Tastefully Simple party. I decided to take Little Joe along for the ride since it was so nice outside. But got in trouble for not bringing him in (by Katie =) ) when I tried to leave him in the truck, so he ended up getting to play with little Luke until the party started.
Joe has surprised me at just how good he is with the "little people" which makes me very glad knowing I won't have to find him a new home when we start having kids.
Here is a cute shot I just had to get....
Aren't they soooo cute together? =) I love it...
Saturday morning I got to sleep in. It seems like fooorrrrever since I got to do that last. It was wonderful. Later that day Adam asked me if I would like to go to the Monster Truck Rally that was in town. I thought that sounded like a lot of fun so that's what we did.
The Barbarian
The Big Dawg
Desperado (the only Chevrolet, and the truck I rooted for!)
Sergeant Smash!
They sold rides for $8.00 in this big thing, kids were lining up!
The Tail Gator
It was painted like an alligator with red eyes that lit up. Pretty cool and the kids loved this one.
It was a different kind of date we've ever been on. I liked it a lot.
Afterwards we ate at Waffle H*use also known as "The Awful Waffle" in our household. ha-ha
I was thinking to myself..."hmmm monster trucks, check. the awful waffle, check. toothless husband, nope....oh WAIT! CHECK CHECK!" ha ha I kid.
I really enjoyed our night but re-telling our evening sounded a liiiitle "rough neck" ha-ha.
Sunday we went to church and then attended a surprise 80th birthday party for my friend Elizabeth's sweet daddy Fred. It was wonderful! A ton of people showed up and made him feel loved and appreciated. I wish I wouldv'e taken a picture of him!
Have I mentioned how tired I am of all the rain?! Ugh....it's getting old.
























2 comments:
That picture of Luke and Joe is so cute!! I will def have to take Luke to the monster truck show next year looked like fun!!
i know i just love it!!! makes me want to have it framed! (might just do that haha)
oh i bet he would LOVE IT!!! there were soooo many boys his age there and they all pointed and screamed WOAH like the whole time we were there! haha
Post a Comment