Friday, May 27, 2011

New Feathered Friends

I have two new babies on the farm this year.
Since we've lived in our new house we have had one male and one female mallard duck on our pond every summer. I just love seeing them swim out there.
But one day a couple of weeks ago I spotted Honey SHARING her feed with these two ducks!
Unbelievable!
She doesn't share with ANYONE! I just thought it was the sweetest thing in the world! Then a little while later I noticed that when I would come out side the ducks would get out of the pond and waddle toward me. I started with bread and then dog food and I noticed they would peck at it but they weren't eating it. I couldn't figure it out and then I thought "well DUH! They like the horses feed!" So I tossed some of that to them and they gobbled it up!
Now, every morning I get a cup of feed and shake it and they run as fast as they can to me! It's the sweetest thing EVER! I just love them.
We will be gone this weekend to Branson like I mentioned yesterday, so I am worried they will disappear when I don't come out to feed them while I'm gone! =( I sure hope they don't!
Maybe if I'm lucky, they will lay some eggs before the summer is over and I can enjoy watching some baby duckies swim around.

May I introduce to you....Daisy and Duke

No comments: