Sorry for the hiatus. Life has been kind of bazurk the past couple of weeks, nothing new really. Just bazurk.
I think I am finally ready to talk about the new baby in the family.
My brother Cody (17) and his girlfriend Krissie (16) are expecting. They found out on Friday, April the 13th. Cody came to my work and sat beside my desk as he showed me the positive pregnancy test. I'm not going to lie, after wanting to see one of those for so long it really hurt to see one in the hands of my baby brother first, and just the situation all together. They are still babies in my mind, that can't even support themselves yet, and now they have someone else to support. It was all a disaster in my mind at first. However, as you have read previously in my blog I am OK now. These were just my feelings in the beginning.
Everything is really starting to come together for them now, and as ill-timed as it feels to me, I know God is still in control and it's all going to be ok.
They got engaged a couple of weeks ago when he gave her a sweet little diamond engagement ring, and she accepted.
I just took them to their appointment on Wednesday for blood work. She is 14 weeks along now and the Dr. says everything looks good. The Dr. also (already) thinks it's a boy! So of course that made them start looking at boy names. I think they've decided on Brantley Ray (Ray is a family name).
Baby's heart rate was 166 and the little toot was bouncing all over the place! She couldn't keep the monitor on him/her for more than a couple of seconds before he/she moved. I loved watching her laugh as she chased him around with the monitor! So full of life!
After the appointment we ate dinner and mom met us to go shopping for some new clothes for Krissie. Her zero's are getting too small (bless her heart ;) Lol). We had a wonderful time and I have really been getting to know her, and I love her.
She has had a pretty rough start in life, and things aren't good at home for her now either, so she has been staying with my Nanny and sister Errica.
Also, she is about 2 weeks away from getting her GED (praise the Lord!!) and we've talked about her putting applications in at a few places to see if she can get a job. She has been making some very mature decisions that she can be proud of.
Cody just came to show me his new vehicle. It's a mini van. ;)
It belonged to his grandmother before she passed away recently. It's very nice. I know he wanted something more "macho", but this will be a great family vehicle for them when the baby gets here.
He has been taking parenting classes at a local pregnancy help center, he got a job, received his GED, and now has a vehicle. I am so proud of him for being motivated and proactive.
I am praying for this baby, that it will grow strong and healthy. She has been reading, and a lot of the things she has come across about young mother's delivering pre-maturely have her pretty concerned. So I will also be praying that the Lord will give her peace beyond her understanding. Cody is mostly concerned with finances. As the father and soon to be, husband, this falls on his shoulders. So I will be praying that he will push through the feelings of fear, continue to work hard, and trust the Lord to provide all their needs.
Things are going to work out just fine. Hopefully, this Auntie will get lots of baby squeezin' in when the little squirt gets here. ;)



















1 comment:
Jessica I just want you to know that I think you are a very strong woman. Right after Sean and I lost our first baby my brother at the time 19 has just found out that he was going to be a father to a second child. He was no where near ready for one baby let alone two and here he was again... I didnt and still dont understand why my baby was taken from me and he was given a second that he did not need. That he could not take care of.
God did bless us with the sweetet little angel after taking one from us. It took a year of trying, and I am so thankful for her and could not imagine my life without her.
Then my brother yet again got another girl pregnant and once again isnt able to care for any of the three he now has (The way he should). This past April I suffered a another misscarriage and I cant help but look at his three childern thinking why dont I have mine?
God has a reason for everything and I know that but it doesnt make it any easier. (at least for me) but he has a plan for all of us and maybe he knew that your brother would need you to help him through this.
He will place a baby in your arms one day Jessica and it will be the best day of your life. I am praying for you and your family. I love your attuide about the whole thing and the amount of faith you have is amazing to me. I wish I could be more like you.
Post a Comment