Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Took a Little Blog Break

Well I've been a little busy so I decided to take a break from writing for a while. The only down side is now, I have to catch up on everything. So let's see, since the last time I wrote, the Mr. and I bought a new sectional, I went on retreat with the praise team, Little Joe saw his first snow, I realized just how much I LOVE the life group I am in (another name for Sunday School), annnnd I think that's it.
 Wait no it's not.
I don't know if I've mentioned in the past but Honey my sweet mare that is at the top of my blog page has been at a trainer. So we thought. The man that had her told me he didn't have the time to train her like he had agreed but never brought her home. So we waited and waited for him to decide on a day he could bring her back. Finally on new years day I decided I wanted to go get her regardless of whether he could be there to meet us or not. And my beautiful baby that once looked like this:
Came home looking like this:

I cannot express the sadness and anger I felt when I found her this way. The whole story is longer than I feel like typing. But she is home now and gaining more and more weight back everyday. She will be just fine. I am just glad we found her before there was more damage than we could fix.

Moving on...

My new sectional is wonderful and I got in on sale for 50% off! Which is the only way we do things around my house.


Sorry for the quality, they are off of my phone (as always).

Retreat with the praise team was just what I needed. This was my first year to go and it was wonderful. It was a two day event and we sang our little hearts out for most of the time. But we also spent some quality time with each other and we ate a lot! haha
I loved getting on a deeper level with the team. Doing what we do in the church, I feel like we are stronger and better at leading the congregation in praising the Lord than we would if we were all just acquaintances. I love each and every one of them and feel like we have an awesome group of people that are more interested in leading others to Jesus through worship than they are in giving a show. THAT to me is MOST important in today's culture. I'm so glad they all feel the same way.
AMAZING woman. Love her so much.

=) Love those two =)  We had a great time.

The woman in the middle sings alto with me and she was my roommate for the weekend.
Love her so much.

The cross is for dying.
The towel is for serving.
The yoke is for learning.
(just a few reminders of what I learned at retreat)

I didn't get any pictures of the snow but Little Joe didn't like it at first but when I threw him in it he decided it was all fun and games.

Adam and I joined a life group this last year. I was really wanting to get into a class of people our age so that we would have a good solid group of friends we could spend time with while raising a family. This group is everything I was hoping for and more. They are all wonderful and I think they love us as much as we love them. They are so great and I love all the time we've been getting to spend with them lately.

This is the only group pic I have so far. It's from our Christmas party =)

Well I guess that's it for now. I'll try to not get so far behind next time.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
Matthew 16:24

1 comment:

Beaubecky said...

I am so glad you love your lifegroup. That's what it's all about.
Our church is blessed with lots of musical talent!!