not a good picture, it is from my phone
My husband got me a necklace (and several other pieces of fun jewelry) for my birthday this year. I love jewelry and I like to try and wear all that I have been given. But sometimes I will receive a single piece that will somehow seem more "special" than the rest. I will start to wear it everyday, and it gets to the point if I leave the house without it on I almost have to go back and get it. (strange I know)
Anyways...
This necklace has turned into one of my very favorite pieces of jewelry and it probably only cost him ten or fifteen dollars. It has a heart in the shape of a pad lock, and a tiny key dangling on it. Of course loving keys like I do, made me love it even more. Besides the fact that I like to think it symbolizes my heart and his key (haha, I know-Corny cheese ball).
Anyways...(haha)
I was putting my jammies on last night and hung my new favorite back on the towel bar (this is where all of my jewelry seems to end up). When an imperfection caught my eye, and then another, and another, and another. The heart has imperfections all over it. By that I mean there are stones that are not set right that look like they could fall out any minute. The whole thing just looks like it was tossed together with little care from the person that made it. But strangely that makes me love it even more.
When Adam and I met I wasn't very close to the Lord. My life was full of mess ups and oopsies and regrets. From a distance I looked very put together and "churchy". But if you could have examined my heart closely, you would've plainly seen that that was not the case.
But Adam still loved me and accepted my heart when I gave it to him, even knowing my deepest darkest secrets. He loved me unconditionally.
And like my sweet necklace, my heart was and is full of imperfections and flaws (humming-he's still workin on me). And Jesus loves it unconditionally and has made it His home.
Because I GAVE it to Him.
I think I will wear this necklace for a whole new reason now. And every time I look at it I will thank the Lord that He loves me the way He does (and the way only He can). And of course I will have to thank Him for the amazing husband He put in my life to give me such a precious reminder. =)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16



















1 comment:
I love this post! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment