Monday, June 6, 2011

Branson Vacation ~ Jewelry Party

We went to Branson with some friends for our vacation this year. Hopefully we will have the time to do something else later in the year.
It is SO hot to even begin to spark my interest in doing anything outside right now though. YUCK! We seriously went straight from cold RAIN to 100 degree weather.
Not.my.favorite.

We had a GREAT time with our friends at Branson! We got there on Friday night, went to Silver Doll*r City on Saturday (alllll day), shopped at Tanger on Sunday then went to Dixie St*mpede that night, went back to the park on Monday and shopped at Branson L*nding that evening.
Our friends have little girls, one of them have two (5 year old and 2 year old) the others have one 2 year old. =) Needless to say that was a new experience for Adam and I. But we enjoyed every minute! They were such good girls and rode in their strollers for most of the trip without a peep! (unless they were hungry or out of "jui-sh" ha-ha) 


Adam and Dustin rode the Wildfire 17 times on this trip (even after a full lunch - yuck) I love riding rides but NOT with a full tummy. 

Adam and I also had a night out, just us. We went to our favorite restaurant on the landing "Cantina Laredo" and then had Andy's frozen custard. Y.U.M.

He also bought be a real Pandora leather bracelet to replace my knock off and bought me a bead with a horseshoe on it, and a key charm to add to it =) (of course! I love my keys!) I'm excited to start this bracelet.
I'm hoping that he will add a bead to it for special occasions and that it will give my kiddos something to get me every year for Christmas or something, later on.

I also had my FIRST fresh, hot, Krispy Kream donut on this trip. I don't see how people can ever have another donut after trying one of those bad boys!
They are GOOD! 
SO yes I ate a LOT on this trip. But I think it's OK considering we walked for over 8 hours every day we were there! ha-ha My legs were so tired by the time we made it home, and I actually weighed 4 lbs less than before I left! ha-ha.

Before we headed home we took a detour to Lambert's Cafe in Ozark! It's my FAVORITE place to eat when we go out that way! Such a fun atmosphere and Adam had never been! He said he loved the food but he actually loved the atmosphere more, it's such a fun place to eat!

Bless his little heart! He is about to have his implants put in but before he does he's still toothless as can be when he eats ha-ha.
I still love this picture and have to put it on here. This is at Lambert's with his leftovers in front of him.
I think that was the first time he hasn't finished his plate since I've known him!

Then we decided to drive to Joplin since we were so close, to see the damage from the tornado.
It.was.devastating.



All the pictures you see on television, do absolutely ZERO justice to what you actually see when you are standing in front of it.
It's awful and heart wrenching.
I took lots of pictures but i'm not going to put all of them up.
I've never seen anything like it in my life.

On another blog a girl found this picture from the Internet somewhere and I decided to post it too. It's hard to imagine losing everything you have. But I'd like to think if I was to ever go through this I would have this same attitude.
They have their life after everything around them was taken. That is the most important thing after all right?

While we were gone Suzie and Gary kept Little Joe for us and he played hard while were away!
This was one of the last pictures I was sent before we returned.
 Worn plum out! ha-ha.
He had a good time with them and was able to run around in the back yard a lot! He loves that. Hopefully we will be getting a fence next month and he will be able to spend more time outside!

Then this weekend I had my Premi*r Jewelry party!
I cleaned and cleaned in preparation for this event and my house looked awesome!!! I didn't take very many pictures though so I'll have to spot clean and take some pictures to put on here before my flowers die! =)
I did take some pics of the flowers I put out though, they were so pretty!



I did several small arrangements like this and two large bouquets also. I got all of these flowers at Sam's for $14.00! LOVE SAM'S FLOWERS!!! They really gave the finishing touch I was looking for! Besides the fact that I just love fresh flowers.
I had a great turn out and ending up getting $239.00 in FREE JEWELRY! Yipppeeee!!! Gotta love FREE! =)
It was so much fun and I enjoyed getting to show off the house to some great ladies that I love so much!









2 comments:

Beaubecky said...

You really should come & decorate my house for me :)

Jessica S. said...

Aww! =) Thanks Becky!