Monday, May 7, 2012

Flower Bed

Re-did my flower bed this weekend. yippee!! I tore almost everything out several months ago and finally got the urge to fill it again. It desperately needed to be built up before I planted but who knows when I'd get the help to do that so I just decided to do it regardless. It also desperately needs mulch but I HATED (in every sense of the word) cleaning the old mulch out. So I don't know if it will get mulched or not. Maybe the new plants will grow big enough eventually that you won't be able to see the ground anyway.

Here it is...























I also put down some grub-ex which are the granules you can see. I have grub worms sooo bad in that bed, so hopefully that will take care of them for the season and also save my sweet new plants. As you can see, I added a bunch of hosta in a variety of colors, two new endless summer hydrangeas (which I am thrilled about!), some caladiums, begonias, some type of boxwood shrubs, and some other "polka dotted" plants. I love how all the colors look together, and now that I see how bad the dirt looks uncovered in these photos I'm probably going to have to just suck it up and mulch it. blah.

Anywhoo, that's all the excitement I have. We did watch the Avengers this weekend and I absolutely LOVED it. I will definitely be purchasing it, when it comes out.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'll tell ya what, when I re-mulched mine I didn't take the old out, I just got all the leaves out and put the new on top of the old! ha!

Jessica S. said...

lol!! sounds good to me!! =D

Beaubecky said...

You should SO give me some flower bed tips!! :)

Jessica S. said...

haha Becky! I soooo don't feel qualified to give tips! LOL but I would sure try!