Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Weight Watchers, Youth Service

Christmas is almost here!!! Only 8 more days until the festivities begin! (We do a lot on Christmas Eve) However with all the excitement and fun comes A LOT of good eats.
Which is unfortunate for me since I am on Weight Watcher's this Christmas.
I started I guess about 12 or 13 weeks ago, and I have lost 14 pounds.
My goal is to lose 30, so I'm getting really close to half way there. But all of this baked goodness is KILLING.ME.
I'm trying to convince myself that "it's Christmas time don't be TOO upset if you don't lose anything for a couple of weeks". But that's not helping me any. I want to lose weight AND eat what I want. Is that too much to ask for? lol
Oh well it will all be over with in a couple of weeks and I wont have to look at the stuff again for a while.

Anyway

I was asked to lead Praise and Worship for the girl's youth service their having tonight at my church. I am TOTALLY pumped! I have been praying so hard that the Lord will use me in a big way through an awesome worship experience.
It will be ALL girls which is AWESOME.
I can remember as a member of the youth group, I was always reserved in worship for fear the boys would think I was stupid. So I am SO thrilled that barrier will not be in the way for them tonight. The girls will be free to sing praises to Jesus any way they see fit, without having to worry about what the "cutest guy" is thinking.
I have some pretty powerful songs picked, and one of my best friends is playing her guitar. It's just going to be a wonderful, worshipful, acoustic praise and worship time for all of us, before the lovely Susie T. comes and talks to the girls about "How to be a Godly woman".
I am so excited and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for the hearts that will be attending tonight, whether it be 2 or 200.


Before I close I just wanted to add a picture that I love.
It has absolutely nothing to do with my post. But I was looking at old pictures and ran across one of my favorites. This is my father in law holding my husband at 5 months of age, weighing 36 lbs. Am I in trouble or what.
 Sorry for the poor quality, it is a picture of a picture.

Merry Christmas!!!
XOXO!

6 comments:

Katie said...

O wow I had no idea what you were doing tonight! I will be thinking of you! I know you will do great!
LOVE that picture!

Jessica S. said...

yeah, I knew there was something else I wanted to tell you. I forgot all about with all the excitement (not) that happened last night!

meeksmiles33 said...

I plan on coming tonight. I love Susie and I am really wanting to hear what she has to say. I know you are going to do a great job!! Love you!

Jessica S. said...

Oh goodie!!! =) I love her too, I know God is going to do big things through her tonight! Thank you! Love you too!!!

Beaubecky said...

You will do great Jessica!! How exciting!!
FYI Piper is 3 & doesn't even weiigh 36lbs. You poor thing! Remember how fat Piper was. Your husband was a chunk but how precious!!!

Jessica S. said...

Thanks Becky!! I sure hope so! I am thrilled!
ISNT THAT CRAZY!!!! I DO remember what a chunk she was! I love chubby babies! That's probably a good thing because I will probably have one! haha