Thursday, December 9, 2010

Back From Paradise

Well, it's back to reality for me. I decided to take a week off (from everything lol) and stay home and do things I haven't had the chance to do in months.
I had all the these big plans, I was going to go to that store that's never open when I have time to go. I was going to make my house look immaculate. I was going to clean out all the kitchen drawers and organize every cabinet.

Instead, all I did was put up the Christmas tree, watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" about 15 times, drank 1 cup of hot chocolate, and laid on the couch with my sweet Little Joe and my Christmas blanket most of the time.

It.was.wonderful.

The first big tree in the new house
(sorry the picture quality stinks, these are taken from my phone)


ahhh, life is good

The power went out one day and never stayed on long enough for the satellite to come back on so I gave up on watching T.V.
I spent the afternoon reading Song of Songs. I have always heard all the wonderful things about "the Bible's story of romance" but never took the time to read it beginning to end.
It is truly wonderful, I loved it.
Just as I finished, the power came back on. I thought that was kind of funny. It was like the Lord just wanted me to spend some quality time with Him and His love story to me.

I loved enjoying my home for the week and taking the time to simply, slow down.
I should definitely try to do that more often.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10

3 comments:

Beaubecky said...

Sounds like a great week! Love the Christmas tree!

Rachel said...

Your tree is beautiful! And you are right, Song of Songs is so beautiful!

Jessica S. said...

Thank you girls!
=)