Monday, February 20, 2012

1st Annual Gorilla Run 4x4 Event - Hot Springs, AR

We had a GREAT time this weekend!!! It was cut a little short on Saturday due to the steering pump going out, but we had a full day Friday of playing. It's so funny how you can do things you love everyday and have fun and then do something you AND your best friend loves and it's a totally different kind of incredible fun. That is the kind of fun I'm talking about. Adam had a great time. This is the first time we've taken the jeep out since it's been finished from top to bottom and he was so proud of it. =)

We went on our "snack trip" Thursday night which is probably my favorite part. (ha!) We get all the fun "snackies" that we normally don't buy because let's face it, snack food is ridiculously expensive. I love watching Adam scratch his chin trying to decide what kind of snack size chips and cookies he wants to take. lol I don't know why it amuses me so much, but it does.

We went home, packed and left early Friday morning. We went straight to the park and unloaded to ride. Finished about 7:30 that night and went to check in at the hotel. This was also Little Joe's first time to get to go with us, since the hotel was pet friendly. =) I was SO excited to take him along and he was so excited to get to "bye bye". ha!  We went on our own Saturday night from the group to eat dinner. We were both super hungry and decided on a Colton's steak for dinner. We pretty much crashed after showering and getting in our comfies. I don't think it took Adam two minutes to be out cold once he hit the pillow.

Saturday morning it was chillier and sprinkling so we packed some ponchos and heavier coats. The competitions were that day so we drove to the site and watched for several hours. Then decided to go back to the camp and check on Joe, that's when our steering pump went out. =( Thank goodness the weather was poor, that made it so much easier for him to load up to go home.

I took a ton of pictures and video but I am just going to post my favorites.. There were tons of jeeps, and buggies to take pictures of but these are just a few that I really liked. (Notice below how the pup starts out on the drive home, and how he looked once we finally got there. You think he got his fair share of excitement? lol)













2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like tons of fun!!! Are you sure Joe isn't Adam's dog!? haha!

Jessica S. said...

HA!! i know it!!! Isn't that funny?! He has been more his dog than mine here lately. (because I'm the one that uses the word "no" and adam doesn't! lol)