Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby Talk Update

As much fun as I had this weekend, you'll never guess who showed up the first day we arrived in Hot Springs.... Good Ol' Aunt Flo =) (ha-ha sorry for all the information, that's just my life right now) I just had to laugh though because this will be the first month in 5 months that she has decided to come without the assistance of medicine, and she picked THIS weekend to make her grand appearance. I was absolutely un-prepared, in the middle of the woods, with a huge group of men and one other wifey. (did I mention it was the worst weekend for this to happen?)

On the flip side I am absolutely thrilled. Where has she been all this time? Only God knows, but I'm sure glad she is back! (never thought I'd say that in a million years) I did think this could quite possibly be the month for us after my monitor told me I did indeed ovulate, but since it was a no again it makes me feel better that I did something "on my own". I called the Dr. and he's starting me on the Clomid tomorrow for 5 days, we scheduled another ultrasound for March 1st and then I'll be taking an HCG injection with further instructions after my ultrasound. (whew!) It's going to be a long month but it's going to be alright. =)

An incredibly sweet woman gave me a verse just today, to cling to on this journey. Have you ever noticed how God sometimes "quietly sneaks" people into your life, only to reveal to you weeks, months, years, down the road why He put them in your life to begin with? It's incredible to me and it absolutely overwhelms me with emotion each time He does. It's such a sweet reminder that I don't have to understand it all the time and that He knows where we are in this life, every moment of every day (before we even get there). He knows how I feel every time I see that little negative sign and sink into my hot bathtub full of salty tears. He is with me then and He never leaves me or forgets me.

I love how The Message puts it....
5 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.6 Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.
Proverbs 3:5-6

7 comments:

Katie said...

Praying for you BIG time this month!

Emily Gordon said...

I'm also praying for you this month!

Beaubecky said...

I am still praying for you. God is so good & His timing is perfect :) Keep your head up girl!!!

Jessica S. said...

Thank you sweet friends! All of your prayers mean so much to me. Becky you are so right! Thank you so much! =)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you sweet, sweet girl! xoxo, Shannon

Anonymous said...

I couldn't log in to post my name! Sorry! Shannon

Jessica S. said...

Thank you SO so much Shannon!! =)