....and send it back in time to myself, first I'd prove it's me by saying your favorite place is a moss garden in the woods.
And then I'd say...
I know it's tough when you're being pulled back and forth between parents and lifestyles and you're homesick but you're just not sure which home your sick for, but it gets better just hang in there.
I'd say, don't cling so hard to that bleach blond headed boy that you think you're going to marry someday. It doesn't turn out like you think it will....it turns out much better.
You are going to be faced with lots of hard decisions... try to make the best choices. I didn't.
Don't stay up all night on your papa's cell phone with that boy, it's not an unlimited phone plan.
Don't lie to your momma about where you are going, you will get caught, and when you don't you'll wish you did.
Put the sunscreen on like your Nanny tells you too, that sunburn you'll get if you don't hurts really bad.
Don't go snooping around in things that aren't yours. It'll save you a lot of heartache.
Be sweeter to your brother, you'll regret it later that you weren't.
Don't ever get too old to hold onto your Papa's pinkie, cause when your 24 you'll wish his pinkie was still around to hold.
Don't spend so much of your time worrying about not being able to have a baby when you're grown, you will have struggles but your heart gets a little stronger and you learn to love a little bigger. Spend that time reading out in the tall green grass by the pond that you love, it doesn't always look that way.
Always wear your seat belt when you start driving and pay closer attention to the traffic lights...red=stop NOT go faster.
When your Papa gets put in the nursing home, go see him every single day and stay off the phone while you're there. When he tells you stories of Vietnam, write them down. You won't like the nursing home but go anyway. He enjoys every single minute you are there and every single drop of that vanilla ice cream cone you take him, so take him more than just on that one day.
Don't ever get to busy to scratch Lucy's belly... she's a good dog.
Don't let life's circumstances force you to act older than you are. You are still just a kid, so go on and act like one.
Your brother and sisters don't treat you like their mother when you get older so don't try to be there mother when you're young.
You'll never have to pack a single bag when you get older, unless you are going on vacation. You get to put down roots, and you have a beautiful home and the same bed to crawl into every single night.
You will marry a god fearing man that loves you more than anything in this world.
He won't try to figure out who you were, but he will love you for who you are and who you are becoming.
Jesus loves you, just like your Nanny tells you. You will break his heart a lot though, probably every single day, but that won't change his love for you.
He sees everything you see, and every tear you cry.
Just hang in there..it gets better. You'll see.
Life is good, I'd say...
If I could write a letter to me.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















4 comments:
Jessica I love this and even though it is your letter to you, it made me think about alot of things!!! Thanks for posting this.
O my word, I have tears running down my face at work! Great Post!
I'm balling Jessica. I love this
I would say you have done pretty well for yourself girl. God has taken care of you and pulled you out of "mess" so far and He is gonna continue to. Keep your head up!
Post a Comment