Thursday March 1, 2012
Went for an ultrasound. 2 follicles were big and fat with an egg. only one looked good and clear like it should -to become a baby-, it was in my right ovary. They stuck a hormone patch on my hip to wear until Monday. The patch is supposed to "fluffen" the uterine lining to give the fertilized egg a good spot to land. It gave me a MONSTER headache and I had to pull over to take about an hour nap to try to sleep it off on my way home from work, it was bad enough that I couldn't go any further without closing my eyes. After I ate dinner my head started feeling better.
Friday March 2, 2012
Went for my hcg injection this morning. It immediately made me feel disoriented, tired, weak, watery mouth, and within the first hour I had another bad headache (reminder to self, go for shot at the end of a work day instead of the beginning). I will go back next Friday for blood work to see if all this is even working. They said my progesterone levels should be spiked. I won't be able to take a pregnancy test until the end of the month.
Saturday - Sunday March 2&3 2012
Woke up feeling miserable. my monitor showed that I ovulated that morning so that was a good sign that the shot had done what it was supposed to do. I started feeling better that night and felt back to my old self on Sunday morning.
Friday March 9, 2012
Went for blood work to check my progesterone levels, which will tell us if I ovulated. I felt bad the rest of the day (no idea why).
Monday March 12, 2012
Nurse called and said that my progesterone levels looked really good and they were at a level of 32.5. That means that I DID ovulate! Praise the Lord! now just waiting to take that test.
Sunday March 18, 2012
My cycle started over. Looks like I will be starting the process over again on the 22nd with the Clomid. I confess I was heartbroken yesterday and had a good cry, and I'm still pretty emotional but since "aunt flo" is here she just makes it all worse.
We went to Disney, OK on Friday for a jeep event and decided we'd be super careful not to bounce me around too much since we could potentially be in the early stages of a pregnancy. Adam was so sweet to be protective of me while we were there just being so careful that I was feeling ok the whole time, which made me feel like such a disappointment when I realized it wasn't going to happen this month. (I know that's not the case, those are just the feelings that come with it I guess) I love him so much. He will never show me how he truly feels, because he's always too busy squeezing me tight and filling my ears with encouragement and trying to make me laugh. =)
Last month I told myself that I would take a break if this didn't work the first go-round, but I've decided against that for the same reason. We will be going to Destin in April so I am just going to get through the process while looking forward to our sandy get-away. The weather has been so nice too, so I can find lots to do outside on the crummy days.
It's funny how you feel like "I can't do this again" and then when you get to that place God gives you the strength to get through it. These are times I feel God at work most, because without Him I would be a total wreck in all of this. He is so good. All the time. Every time.
I have so much to be thankful for, so I'm just remembering that today and hanging in there.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
(truer words have never been spoken!)
Monday, March 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















6 comments:
I have no words, and am just heart broken for you two. I am always thinking and praying for you guys though this.
Praying for you guys! I wish I could take the anxiety and worry and pain away if even for just a few minutes. I am praying God eases your hurt and that you find joy in each day that is straight from Him. Please let me know if you ever need anything! If your head hurts too bad to cook or something, I would be happy to bring over some dinner! I am only a call or text away!
Thank you so much Katie and Brittney! I am so blessed with good friends like each of you. I can't thank you enough for your prayers and support!! I'm going to be ok, those first couple of days are pretty rough is all. =)
Praying for you this morning. I just know it's going to happen. So thankful you have a husband who is supportive & encouraging!!
I can't thank you enough for your prayers Becky!!! I am feeling so much better today. =) I am so thankful for him too... <3
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes for you. I wish I could just hug you and give you the perfect words to ease your pain. But, you've already figured out, you have to "walk through". I have no doubt that you will have your sweet baby in your arms - in His time. Which in all honestly, simply stinks at times. ;) BUT, is also, the best feeling as well. You, too, will look back on all of this someday and although you will always remember, the rawness will be faded. Praying for you sweet Jessica! xoxo
Post a Comment