Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here lately

Well Friday Adam had his first trip without me since we've been married! Some of the guys from our life group took a trip to the White River to fish for trout! I'm SO glad he went. He has never been trout fishing before and he's been working so hard and for so many hours lately, he REALLY deserved the break. Thursday night after we picked up Honey from the trainer we went to Wal-Mart for snack food and his trout stamp. Oh my goodness, I never thought in a hundred years it would take us SO long for my 300lb. husband to pick out what he wanted to EAT. Everything he wanted was "too expensive" (he doesn't shop for our groceries) I'll just say if it was up to him to shop for our dinner, we would have Pb&J's and hot dog's every night. Actually it'd probably be Ramen noodles, because the pb&j and hotdogs would probably be "too expensive" for his budget. 

He finally settled on:
(I have to list these items because I want to remember what he liked for snacks. So I never have to take him back again haha.)

*Great Value Oatmeal cookies WITH the icing
*Cheddar flavored chex mix
*Chocolate covered granola bars
*Swiss cake rolls
*Trail mix (the kind that has M&M's in it)
*Beef Jerky
*Mountain dew
I believe that's it.
 I'm just so glad he had a good time!
He caught 4 trout and fried them then he caught 4 more after that.
Greg, Adam (in his farmer bob hat) and Kyle.
I believe these are the first 4 he caught.

I mentioned that Thursday night we picked up Honey from the trainer, yippee! I was so excited to get her home. But unfortunately with the rain that we had last week she developed an abscess. An abscess is something they can get (especially) during the Spring when it is rainy and the ground is soft.
She has a tiny crack in her hoof and bacteria set in it and that's how she got it.
 It IS very painful for them but they act like their leg is completely broken and don't like to put ANY pressure on it at all. (can't blame them)
Sooooo while I was SUPPOSED to be riding all weekend while I was all alone, my feet were planted on the ground getting her back to 100% (we are still not there but we're getting close).
I saddled her up every day and spent a good hour each of those days brushing her out. Her winter coat is shedding off so my yard looks like I've skinned a couple of cats.
We switched over from 20ml of penicillin shots to 2 scoops of UNIPRIM powder in her feed (which is an antibiotic) to try and get rid of this thing once and for all. 
When I went out to check on her this morning she RAN to greet me! Unlike the last few days of grunting a hello from the back pasture. So I know she is definitely feeling much better.
I love my girl, she is hard headed just like me but she is trusting me more and more every day.
We are going to make a great team.

All dolled up and no where to go. =)

Yesterday we celebrated Adam's grandpa Jack's 70th birthday! He wanted Mexican food so he got the whole birthday song, hat and his dessert.
I took this picture with my phone, it's kind of fuzzy but I love this smile.


While we were eating I got in trouble from the Mr. for not getting him a ball cap.
In the event that he has to go somewhere right after work, like yesterday and needs to cover up this hard hat hair:

hahahaha.
What? I don't think it looks THAT bad? LOL
Ok, maybe it does. I'll be getting on that request A.S.A.P.

O.M.Goodnesssssss I have to add this little story. You see those two front teeth in the Mr's mouth above?
Well that is his partial he is wearing until he is healed and ready for his permanent implants.
Pretty aren't they?
Well last night he took them out and sat them on the side table while he sat at the bar to eat a cookie.
While he was indulging in the warm chocolatey goodness, this innocent baby

snatched it up and chewed the teeth off......I do not kid.
I thought that Joe was about to breath his last breath when Adam realized what had happened.
But instead he got up and left the room, after tossing them on the counter in front of me (these are the times that Joe is MY dog, therefore it is MY fault).
Ugh I thought I was going to hurl.
THANKFULLY we were able to get it in to the lab today and have it fixed. So he will not have to go without teeth for two more months.
bad baby.


1 comment:

Katie said...

O man! Great post!! So glad Honey is getting better, and I cannot quit thinking about Joe! What a pesky boy!