Friday, April 22, 2011

Today-The Cross.....But Sunday IS COMING!

*this post is just thoughts about today and Easter. Kind of emotional, just my feelings typed out. It might not make perfect sense, it's just what I'm feeling. Kind of personal. 


This morning as I was driving to work the radio personalities were talking about what today meant for us as Christians, and I couldn't help but think about Jesus and what his morning might have been like 2000 years ago today.

They mentioned on the morning show how He asked God the night before in the garden if there was any other way things could be done....Luke 22:42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." I take that as: I am scared, please is there any other way that I can bear their sin upon myself without have to suffer so greatly? But then in the same sentence He turns full circle and says (in my own words, again) Nevermind, it must be your will not my own and if that means I will suffer, then so be it. It breaks my heart to think that He, even for only a moment, was scared, and yet He did it anyway...The creator of the universe could have escaped so easily from being nailed to that cross, but He didn't. That is so incredibly humbling to me, and makes my love grow even deeper for Him.

Just thinking of the events that took place breaks my heart. I can't help but think about the people here on earth that loved Jesus. Like His mother, I'm sure she cried hysterically while she followed Him, knowing she couldn't do anything to take her child's pain away, knowing He was giving His life for every person and the very person that was going to drive the nails into His hands and feet. 

What love. 

Then when it was all said and done, as everyone was learning to accept that He was dead and gone......Sunday came. When Jesus walked out of that empty tomb, ALIVE AND WELL! There are so many emotions that fill my heart thinking of that moment when He walks out from beind the stone.

It's a beautiful, AMAZING resurrection story. It's a story that makes me want to live my life to the best of my ability. No matter how painful or disappointing it may be some days. Because no matter what I go through, the Lord has already been before me and is waiting for me to give it to Him and let Him help me through it. 

I can't wait for the day I will be able to thank Him face to face for what He did for me. 

What a celebration that will be.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awesome! Just awesome!