Friday, July 1, 2011

Details & Miscellaneous

Yay! It's Friday!
OK, so today I come bearing details of the past couple of days events.

The biopsy was not as painful as I was told (sister is a big baby! haha), and I am grateful for that! Dr. B took a look first and found a fairly large abnormality and took two pieces of it to send to the lab. He told me that when you "damage" the cervix (which is technically what he did by taking two pieces) you are forcing the cervix to grow brand new skin in those areas.
So I will get the results back early next week to determine how serious it is and then in 6 months I will go back and have another colposcopy done to see if the skin grew back normal. If not, he will go over my options with me then (freezing, laser, etc.). He told me that it's such a slow progressing thing that he is not worried about it at all, so neither am I.
Well, I'd rather it not be there at all (of course). But if it has to be then I'm glad he isn't worried. So that wasn't too awfully bad.

As for my tooth, I am currently PAIN FREE! PRAISE THE LORD!
I had my appointment at 1 o'clock yesterday. Dr. BB decided he wanted to take another look before he numbed me for a root canal. He told me if I needed a root canal the tooth would be hurting so badly I would be in serious pain when he tapped on it with one of his instruments. But it wasn't hurting at all. So he didn't feel that he needed to go forward with the root canal. He removed the cap and I still felt no pain, so that was another good sign. He said that my gum tissue was so inflamed that the temporary cap probably wasn't sitting in there just right and that was the source of everything. He decided to put my permanent cap on, it hurt quite a bit after that (which he assured me was very normal). I went home, took a full pain pill before bed, and woke up this morning with ZERO pain! I'm SO relieved! Who knew a tooth could cause SO much pain!

Anyways...those are the boring (but VERY exciting for ME) details.

Moving on!

As I was laying on the couch trying to take a nap after my appointment. I opened my eyes to see this: (very dark picture, but you get the idea)
That's Little Joe, all sprawled out like a kid on the ottoman watching TV! (those are his two little legs kicked out in back.) I held in my laughter as long as I could so I could snap this picture. He's such a funny dog. I just had to post it.

4th of July is here! Isn't that crazy?! It seriously seems like we were just celebrating the new year. I don't care what people say, time flies whether you are having fun or not! 

We aren't doing much. My brother in law is coming home for a bit so we'll get to see him! Adam and I are really excited, we miss him a lot when he's gone. Were going to eat dinner at Adam's parents Sunday night so we can visit with him. Then Monday night his grandparents are grilling burgers. They live around a little lake and someone is always shooting fireworks there so that will be fun.

Next weekend we are going to Lake Oachita with Adam's mom, dad and brother! We are going to be staying with a great family that we are all friends with. We're really looking forward to that! I'll try to take some pictures!

My mom's birthday is July 6th. Me, my sisters, and my aunt are going to take her out to eat and to see a movie that night. I have recently developed a love for Tiny Prints. So I made her a birthday card on their website. I think she'll like it: (us and all her grand-fur baby's)
Of course, the inside is filled with mushy words (ha-ha) and another picture of my sisters and brother.

I sent our dad's cards from Tiny Print's website this year for Father's Day too, and was SO impressed with them. Apparently our dad's were too because we received text messages about how special they thought they were. =)



Last thing today. Kinda silly, I'm not real big on keeping up with the trends in the clothing department. I mean, if it's comfortable and cute I'll wear it. Heck, if it's just comfortable! I mostly don't care about the cute anymore. (lol, I probably shouldn't be that way ... oh well)
But I love this new outfit so much I had to snap a picture to show it off!

Dillard's just had an awesome sale so I got this outfit (minus the sweater, cause I already had that) for $22.00! I saved $62.00 before tax on this outfit! Yippee! That makes it EVEN better! It's not that great of a picture but you get the idea. The skirt is light brown with a small darker chocolate floral print with coral and cream flowers on top. I'm a big fan. For those of you that go to church with me, don't be surprised if I have it on Sunday. LOL =)

One more thing (I promise). Not only do I celebrate living in a free country and those who fight/fought/died for it on this holiday, but I also like to celebrate the freedom Jesus has given me from my sin! I love this verse....

"In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and He answered by setting me free." Psalm 118:5

Well, that's it for now! Hopefully I'll get some pictures this weekend.

Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: