Thursday, July 28, 2011

Top 10 Moments in My Life....(so far)

Sorry for the absence, things have been pretty slow and normal around the Ponderosa here lately, so I haven't had much to write about. This post was inspired by my sweet friend Katie. I know there are a lot of things to come in life that will probably rank right up there at the top but as of right now at 23 years of age, these are my top 10.

1. When Adam proposed to me. There is nothing better than knowing the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, wants to spend the rest of their life with you too.
2.Walking down the aisle. The whole day of my wedding was wonderful and I will remember it for always, but the moment when I saw his face will be etched into my memory forever.















3. Getting the O.K. to build our dream home. After hearing no so many times with the economy the way it was and banks not giving loans with lower (affordable, DO-able) interest rates. Hearing (in so many words) "YES you can really start building now", was a great GREAT moment.

4.Breaking ground on August 3, 2009. The contractor, Mr. King had called to let me know they had officially started on our home.
7.When our house was officially done. As a 21 year old I (and Adam too of course) had never felt more proud of working hard and saving hard for the time that we did. It took a lot of sacrifice and a lot of hours "punching the clock" but it was so incredibly worth it.

5. Leaving our old apartment for the last time. Very surreal moment. Definitely a bitter/sweet one.

6.Meeting Nathan. I know I had to be at least 11 or 12 when I started praying for my Aunt Robin to have a baby. She was such a wonderful mother figure to me and I knew from hearing about the treatments and such that she was going through that it just wasn't happening. If anyone in my whole world deserved a baby it was her. I was 19 years old the day that I found out she was expecting. She and my uncle had settled with the idea that they were on their own, and they had built a home and a lifestyle that suited just that. Then right in the middle of it all, everyone grown and starting lives of their own, there he was. Precious and just like his momma. He is the biggest miracle I've ever witnessed. I love him just like he's mine, and I'll never forget the first time I laid eyes on him.


7. Finding my wedding dress. I realize this is such a small thing in life but it was still a sweet moment for me. After I tried on tons of dresses I thought I'd never find "the one" everybody always talks about. Suzie drove me all over Arkansas to try on every dress I'd ever dreamed about. After probably 50-ish dresses she still hadn't given up hope. We got an appointment scheduled to go to Lowe's Bridal in Brinkley, AR. She printed off a couple of styles that I'd been drawn too, I immediately picked one that I loved. When we walked in to the parlor that day, it was hanging up on display. I picked out 3 dresses including that dress to try on, threw on the ones I didn't care for much as fast as I could and back off again. Then I put on "the" dress, it fit me like a glove (which doesn't happen often). I walked into the warehouse all by myself and there was a HUGE framed mirror. It was the moment I was all alone that I saw myself in that mirror in my wedding dress that was a small slice of wonderful.

Hmmmm. Well how about I just leave it at top 7 moments in my life? I'm sure I could easily fill those spots but I think I'm going to leave them empty for now, so that I can fill them with what's to come. =)

"It's the little moment's that make life big."

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ah I love it! What you said about Nathan and Robin about made me cry and I love that you left a few spots open!