Friday, January 20, 2012

Dr. Appointment Update #2

Dr. Bells nurse called me back last night, she said, "he said from the looks of the ultrasound you are not ovulating."
=/ blah.
Not great news but I am not defeated. When my next cycle starts (hopefully on its own), he will start me on Clomid. Clomid is a fertility drug that is used for lots of specific things in the baby making world, but for me it will be used to stimulate my ovaries (which is what it's most commonly used for I believe).

So that's the next step.

The Lord has a plan, this is all just a part of the journey. I still feel very optimistic about everything and Dr. Bell is great. But most importantly, I serve a big God and He is sovereign in every situation. I am trusting Him.

I'm mostly praying for Adam now, he hasn't said much but I think he may feel a little helpless in all of this. There just isn't anything he can do to "fix it", and he's all about "fixing things" for me. Bless his sweet heart. =)

Maybe in a year from now I can look back on this post with a sleeping/giggling/screaming (haha that's probably the reality) baby close by, and laugh as I read about the year I spent learning valuable lessons in my relationship with the Lord, and the last precious days I spent alone with my sweet husband.

Maybe it will look totally and completely different than that, but only He knows, and I'm excited to see how it all works out.

I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11
(The Message)

5 comments:

Beaubecky said...

You are right, the Lord does have a plan. That is something I have learned the hard way the last few years. I will definatly keep your family in my prayers!

Brittney said...

This is just part of your journey....and God has a BIG plan with all these little steps in it! Praying for ya'll! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

Jessica S. said...

Thank you girlies for your prayers! We will take all of those we can get! =)

Shannon said...

It is so crazy that you left me a comment a bit ago...crazy good in the God kind of way. :) I think yesterday was the first day we ever spoke? {and, thank you for your sweet words} But, you were the very first thing in my thoughts this morning and I prayed for you before my feet even hit the ground. I had read this post several weeks ago and it struck me in such a personal way. We too traveled that road to get to our little family. Although we are on the other side of that fence, the intense feelings of that journey are never forgotten or far from my heart. I will commit to pray for you and Adam as sometimes I know the only thing thing that got Scott and I through that time period were the prayers of our friends and family. I absolutely CLUNG to Proverbs 3:5-6...it got me through impossible days. I have no doubt that God will give you a perfect little family. For so many reasons I can honestly say I am so very thankful for our days of infertility. If you ever need a shoulder {or need to scream} I am really good for that. :) But, know that I will be praying so much for you. You are absolutely precious!

Jessica S. said...

Shannon,
hopefully you will see this..i have read your blog since i started blogging a year ago. i absolutely love keeping up with you and your sweet family, we are both just a couple of farm girls and have lots of common interests. i love how God puts people in your life... it's always in the knick of time isn't it? i can't thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers, they mean so much to me and fill my heart with encouragement! i am going to look up that scripture, thank you for passing it on! sometimes "impossible" is the only word to discribe how you feel on this journey and a good word from the Lord, and an understanding friend is the ONLY thing that can lift your chin.
thank you, thank you, thank you, so much (again) for your commitment to pray for us, it means SO much to me. {hugs!}