Last Friday night we all went to Friday's and celebrated "Chuck's" (Nick) 21st Birthday with Gary, Suzie, Hannah, and of course, Chuck. We ate dinner and had a great time just catching up and laughing (as usual). After that we went to the steakhouse office and let him open his presents and had a cookie cake for him. =) He only like the chocolate icing on his cookie. =)
Love these two.
Suzie made a quilt for him. It is all kinds of wonderful. I wish I had a picture of it. She picked out a bunch of different home spun plaid cotton fabrics that are beautiful. Lots of turquoise, orange, yellow, and brown. Absolutely beautiful, and BIG! She also had an inscription monogrammed on it, so that he'll always remember when he got it and who made it for him.
That woman loves her boys so much. She is amazing, and there isn't a single thing she wouldn't do for them. What a treasure he has to keep with him, no matter where he is in life. He will always be able to wrap up in that quilt that was made special for him, from his sweet momma. We had a great time that night.
We've had a pretty good week so far too. Adam moved every one's hours up at work so he can be off at 4 o'clock. I don't know how long this will last but it's been nice to have him home at the same time as me for a change. He's also getting caught up on his rest. =)
Tonight we are going to watch the Hogs play some basketball in Fayetteville with Suzie, Gary, Hannah, and Nick. Loving that I'm getting to see them so much here lately but I know school is about to kick in to high gear for her so we won't be seeing them much after tonight for a while.
This coming Saturday, Monday and Tuesday evening, I will be singing with "The Shine", for a revival in Siloam Springs. This will be my first time to sing with the band and I'm really looking forward to it. Maybe I'll get some pictures while were there that I can post. We'll see.
I also started a rag quilt. I think I mentioned it before, but I'm getting realllly close to finishing it. I'm to the "snipping" stages now so the end is in sight! It's not going to be very big and it's not going to be the most beautiful thing anyone has seen but It's my first, and I can see I will be making many more in my future. I really enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















1 comment:
So jealous that you're watching the Hogs!!! Good luck singing with the band... I'm sure you'll do great!
Post a Comment