Wow, was 2011 a whirlwind of a year or what?! It went by so fast. Too fast.
I have learned quite a few things this past year, and I'm not sure that I could write them all down but I will try to list a few of the things that come to mind first.
If it's not a part of God's plan, it simply is not going to happen.
I am talking about pregnancy in particular.
I remember telling Gary and Suzie, "We are going to get pregnant this year." HA! What was I thinking? I bet the Lord was laughing thinking "Oh boy, she just thinks she's got it all figured out." and I thought I did. I've always known that He is in control, and I want Him to be, but sometimes I guess I have a hard time letting go. I have told Him that I want His will for my life many, many times, and I truly do. I believe He is teaching me a very valuable lesson on this journey and this year I am going to try my hardest to wake up each day looking forward with an outlook that says "I can't wait for all the things He has in store!" instead of, "Please don't make me wait another month." I have learned I can do research on "why" until I am blue in the face and come up with 100 different solutions, but if it's not a part of HIS plan it isn't going to happen. End of story. Period. Paragraph.
Don't get me wrong, I am SO grateful for ALL of the His blessings it's just been a hard lesson to learn is all. I know He is going to do big things in our lives in the future and I know they will be bigger things than I could make up in my own mind, so I'm believing that and I am excited for whats in store.
I've learned that spending time with Him really does change my days and my relationship with Him, drastically. I know that this is a "no brainer" but I did better at this in 2011 than ever before in my life.
I've learned to pick my battles with the hubby. That "letting things go" is good sometimes, and talking things out without an attitude makes things so much easier. (ya think?) ;)
I've learned to wait for that super cute dress hanging on the rack that isn't on sale. I've always just bought what I want, when I want it. Sure I love a good sale and my coupons, but in the past if there was ever something that I really wanted and was afraid it wouldn't last until a sale I would just buy it no matter what it cost me. This last year, I pinched my pennies tighter than ever and that dress/top/whatever, was always there when it was always 1/2 if not 3/4 the original price, or I would just realize I didn't even need it and saved the money all together. (which happened more times than not)
I've learned the value of friendship. There has been one family in particular in 2011 that we grew so close to. They truly have become like family, and I think that they could move across country and it wouldn't change a thing between us. There was once a time in my life that I didn't think Adam and I would ever have friends like that, and once again the Lord had a plan.
In closing, I've learned that life really is just a vapor. It comes and goes so quickly. So quickly in fact that what I do every day really is important. There again, another "no brainer".
I guess you could just come right out and say "Jessica grew up this year." ha!
The Lord has just revealed so much to me and I am so very thankful that He did.
I am looking forward to the fresh new start that He has given me in 2012 and I am going to strive to celebrate the joy He has placed in my heart every. single. day.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment