Sunday after church we went and ate lunch with Adam's grandparents, aunt, and uncle from out of town. We had a great time with them and hope they come down more often! Adam and I decided to go fishing after our Sunday afternoon nap. It was fun, the fish were biting and I caught a couple (sorry no picture). It was HOT though! We were drenched in sweat by the time we went back to the house.
Fun times! Also, my tooth is feeling better today strangely and the Dentist just called to check on me. I felt so stupid saying "Oh yeah, it's not hurting at all right now. Even though I thought I was going to die two days ago." I just hope he understands. I'm keeping my appointment for Thursday though. Maybe now I won't have to have a root canal?
As for my TV thing, I felt like giving up all TV in the evenings was a little much, as I was giving up every minute of time with my husband while giving up all TV. (that make sense?)
Adam really enjoys lounging on the couch after work ESPECIALLY in the summer since he works outside in the heat. So a lot of our week nights are spent sitting on the couch together (ha-ha that sounds SO lazy)
During the first couple of nights I was avoiding the TV by doing everything imaginable that I could but still had about an hour that I was just looking for things to do, all the while wanting to go sit with him.
Honestly, I just don't feel like the Lord would have me completely disregard my husband while trying to strengthen my relationship with Him. So I am going to give myself that hour to just relax and enjoy our time together in the evenings, even if it IS in front of the TV, and I have peace about that decision.
I am home for quite a while by myself in the evenings so I will not turn on the TV while I am making dinner and then I will have my quiet time and then I will do things that need to be done around the house before I EVER look for the remote. Then after all that is done IF there is anymore time left I will sit down with him on the couch for a little "snuggle time" before bed.
Let me tell you, it has been like drinking a tall glass of water while walking through a desert. It's amazing how just 30 minutes or an hour of reading something, anything, from His word has so rapidly brought me out of that "funk" I wrote about before. He is so faithful and so good always, in meeting me where I am when I call out to Him. What a merciful and mighty God I serve.
Happy Monday!


















6 comments:
Long post! I like it!!
I meant to ask you about the t.v. deal so glad to get an update! My fb deal is going suprisingly well, i've checked it a few times but noing like I used to I am enjoying the 'free time'! I guess like they say all in moderation! So glad you tooth is better!
Oh GOOD! I meant to ask you too! So glad that's going well. It's amazing what you can do in a little spare time!! =)
thank you about the tooth! I meant to tell you that earlier too! haha
Jessica! When I was home this last month I felt so spoiled getting to watch television! Jake and I made a commitment not to have television for the first couple of years of marraige so that way when he gets home from work we don't spend our time together watching tv instead of talking or walking around or doing SOMETHING. However I am home ALONE all day by myself each day and tv would be nice. My 'thing' is Facebook :(. I am always checking the updates or what not and feel so ridiculous. I admire you for spending that alloted time with Christ instead of in front of the television!
Emily, that is such a great commitment that you both made! Television definately gets in the way of a lot during the first year of learning how to live with your spouse! I wish we would've done that! =) and I totally understand the facebook thing! You are not alone on that! Thanks for your sweet comment!
I love your posts! I have not seen you in forever!! I miss you sweet girl!
Thank you Shaina! I know it seems like it's been a year! haha I miss you too!!
Post a Comment