Monday, June 13, 2011

This Weekend

Wow, what a weekend I have had. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Can I get one of those? ha-ha.

Friday was pretty eventful but I just don't feel like going into detail. Let's just say, everything that COULD go wrong, did. It started at 6 o'clock Friday morning and didn't stop until about 8 o'clock Friday evening. It was pretty rough.

But Saturday was pretty fun. My dad, step-mom and brothers came out and we went fishing and grilled some burgers.

Saturday night Suzie and Gary got back from Destin. Suzie got me a "prize" (yippeeee)

A new pair of Yellow B0x flip flops! yay! I LOVE these.
They had a great time and we missed them tons while they were away!

I do have to say though, the Sunday school lesson was totally for me yesterday. It was about going through a "wilderness" in life and learning to recognize your need for God, and what tests we go through sometimes and how we handle those tests. Do we try to fix things on our own? Or do we cry out to God to meet us right were we are, and lay our problems at his feet. It was some serious "soul food" that I desperately needed. Good stuff....GREAT way to start my week. =)

No comments: