Adam and I had a wonderful weekend. We kind of started celebrating our anniversary on Friday night, ha-ha. He took the weekend off so we could enjoy some time together without him being completely exhausted.
Friday night we went to Longhorn with another couple and then to Goody's frozen yogurt afterwards.
Saturday we slept in (ha-ha 8:30 used to seem crazy early to us but 4:30 is the new crazy) then I made us a pancake breakfast. We lounged and watched a movie then got around and went shopping for Adam some new work clothes. Then we went to an early dinner for our old school date night favorites at Friday's and then to watch Thor at the movies. (which by the way was awesome and I hope they make a sequel!)
Sunday I got to go to a baby shower for an old friend that I grew up with. It was so much fun getting to spend some time with her and of course several of our other good friends came. We had a great time celebrating. I can't wait to meet Miss Addilee! It's so funny, the feelings you have for the baby of someone you loved so much growing up. You share their excitement in such a personal way. Allison is going to be a wonderful mother.
From left to right: Kristen, Sarah, Brittney, Candice, Allison, Jamie, Me, & Loren
I hope that we can hang out again soon.
That night we had Adam's grandpa's over for a cookout for Father's Day. I wish I would've taken a picture of him sitting with them at the dinner table. He loves to listen to all of their stories about when they were younger. It's so sweet, I know they love to tell them.
I ate ENTIRELY tooooo much this weekend. I have to get back on the Weight Watcher band wagon or I'm going to gain all my weight back.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Also, I want to be totally open and honest, and put this down to keep me in check.
I. have. had. the. worst. attitude.
It has really upset me.
It's like I have had diarrhea of the mouth and then I actually hear what I said and I just feel awful and have to apologize immediately. I'm referring to some thing's that I've said to Adam. He has been such an opposite of the hot head he usually is in these cases, and for that I am so grateful.
I just start to feel so icky when I haven't had any kind of time with Jesus in my everyday life that my attitude starts to make itself known to myself and others around me.
I guess I would be a pretty ugly person without Jesus in my heart, and when I don't do good in my walk with him that's the first thing to come out.
So, I have slowly fallen away from my quiet time and my reading, it has pretty much been non-existent, and I couldn't even tell you for how long.
It scares me to the point that I don't even know how to bring it up at home.
I just need to lock it down and fix my eyes up and on Jesus. I pray that the Lord reveals what has distracted me from Him to this point so that I can fix it and get back on track to growing closer to Him. I know that's the reason for this attitude problem. It's usually the thing that gets my attention that "Hey! Pay Attention! Where in the world are you going?" feeling in the pit of your stomach after you say something that makes you think "Who in the world was THAT?"
Just please keep me in your prayers. I've GOT to get out of this funk. I know how to do it, I just have to make the time.
He is so incredibly worthy.
I read this prayer on another blog. Sometimes I feel such a lack of words to say, and this prayer almost brought me to tears because it's exactly what I feel and want to say to the Lord. So I'm making it my own.


















No comments:
Post a Comment