The first one is my hubby, he turned 24 August 14th. I planned a surprise party for him with some of our friends. It took about a month of planning and lots of secret keeping. We went out with some friends on Friday night before his actual birthday as his "celebration". I made a big deal of it so that he would not expect what was coming on his actual birthday. (hehehe) We had a great time and took him to Bravo's for his favorite stuffed tenderloin and then went to see a movie. Saturday while he was at work I finished some last minute things around the house and did some early prep work on the casseroles I was planning to make and finished making the favors (that I FORGOT to give out....so sad)
That Saturday night we went to prepare and serve dinner at the Salvation Army. It was a great way to spend a Saturday night and we will probably be doing that more and more in the future. Sunday after church we went to his grandma and grandpa's for his birthday lunch that they do every year. He stuffed himself full and I knew he would sleep the rest of the day, allowing me to do what I needed to do before people started showing up. I knew if he saw the amount of food I was making alone he would know something was up. But he slept just like I knew he would. When our friends texted me to let me know they were headed our way I woke Adam up to tell him to get dressed because his mom, dad, and brother were coming over for dinner. He griped (of course) and kept saying "it's just mom and dad, I'll do it later." but I kept at him until he finally got up and around. (up and around to Adam in our house = pj's instead of underwear by the way Lol) Finally the door bell rang. I ran to the laundry room and yelled at him to get the door because my hands were full. He got up and twisted the door open without looking out and sat back down on the couch. I looked around the corner and said "will you please OPEN the door for them?" He said (again) "They know they can come in it's just mom and, (as he's looking through the crack in the door) oh that's not mom and dad!" I started laughing and he opened the door to about 12 smiling faces in total surprise! He looked at me with a grin from here to Dallas and said "oh my!" haha. I said "are you surprised?" he said "I've never been more surprised! We aren't going to have enough food!" (Lol) that's when I pulled out the 2nd giant casserole pan, and he knew I had thought of it all. We had a great time! I love surprising him like that. (it isn't easily done) Here are a few pictures.
The surprised B-day boy
Adam and his cake
A close up of the cake. It was supposed to say "I'm your huckleberry" but the shop got it wrong
Of course I had to have some fresh flowers out =)
A close up of the 24 I made =)
The party favors. I can't believe I forgot to pass them out! They say "Happy Trails" with a message and they were filled with trail mix.
The kiddos had a party of their own in my bedroom, watching Elf.
Us =)
And just because this face melts my heart
Now for the 2nd party. This party was for two precious girls that we just love. They are sisters and they celebrated their birthday's together at their grandparent's house. It was Justin Bieb*r" themed....oh dear. Lol Adam and I went and ate lunch and cake with them and watched the little ones swim after. Here are all the pictures...
Oh dear...lol already liking the bieb. haha
Blowing out their candles
Adam doing what he does best....pestering
Time to SWIMMMM!!!!!! Look at these cute little water babies in their suits!
Love the look on her face! haha
"Jumping in" together
Lol
well that's all I've got....just can't believe August is almost over already!
















































1 comment:
What a cute post!! Loved that you were able to really suprise him! And loved all the pictures of the kiddos!
Post a Comment