It.is.hard.
I knew I was/am really out of shape. I couldn't even weed my flower bed without feeling like a cripple the next day. So you can imagine how I am feeling after actually doing some exercising.
If you've never heard of C25k, it's an app. that you can get on your smart phone. It syncs to your itunes and plays your music while you run. You start with a 5 minute warm up (the app. talks to you so you will know when to run and when to walk etc.), then you run for 60 seconds and then walk for 1 minute & 30 seconds. You repeat this rotation 9 times, it takes 30 minutes. Running for 60 seconds sounds SUPER easy. Well, it's not (for me), and the first day I felt like a complete failure. But I just decided to run as long as I physically could and then I would walk until the next running rotation came up. So I was only REALLY running 40 seconds. I was soooo incredibly sore last night but I was determined to continue, so I started out and to my surprise it was actually a little bit easier! I could run the full 60 seconds for the first 2 rotations!! I was so excited I threw my hands in the air and praised the Lord! haha! (and almost cried, actually I may have actually cried a little bit Lol.) It just felt so good to be able to do it! It was still hard to finish and after half way through I did feel just as bad as the first night, but I ended feeling super encouraged and proud of myself for finishing.
There truly is nothing to small to bring to the feet of Jesus. Even something as small as a diet, or strength to get in shape. I was super encouraged by Brittney's blog post today and she is totally right on when she says "God gets all the glory for this victory, even if it is small." I'm saying the same thing today, God definately gets all the glory for my run last night, even if it was only the first two rotations.
Some of the regular foods I've been eating and really enjoying last week and this week are:
Progresso Light Soups; Chicken Noodle 4 pts. for the whole can
Fruit; bananas, grapes, clementines, apples 0 pts.
Nutella; 1tbs. is 2 pts. (doesn't sound like much, but it's just enough to fix that sweet tooth and most of the time I don't even want that much.)
Cheese Head low fat mozzerella string cheese; 2 pts.
Low fat pretzels; 23 for 3 points (dip some of those in a little nutella-YUM)
Capri Sun pouch-any flavor; 2 pts. (cause who doesn't love a capri sun?)
GoGo Squeez-Applesauce on the go; 2 pts.
Those things have been the staples that get me through the work day, and I like them enough to have any of that instead of the junk thats laying around the office.
I'm feeling pretty rough today and should probably go stretch for about 5 hours (lol) but I'm actually looking forward to my next run.
"But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
Mmm-hmm. Good stuff.
Happy Wednesday!


















4 comments:
Way to go Jessica! We are going to make it! :)
yes we are!
Jessica your so amazing! I have finally lost 6 lbs after being in this diet for nearly 2 1/2 months! I started going back to the gym this week and did 6 miles on the bike today and my bottom is SORE. That app sounds awesome! Maybe I can give it a try?! Haha maybe is the key word!
AWESOME EMILY! 6 lbs is a LOT! It's definately a slow diet but that makes me feel more certain that it's actually coming off and that the weight isn't just water that i'm losing. I think you would like the app a lot! you should try it =)
Post a Comment