I had a blast this weekend. Adam took off Saturday and got some much needed rest, and while he was getting that rest my mother in law took me with her to some local antique malls!
That's not the best part though!
She taught me how to make pillows!!! =D
I am BEYOND excited about this! The basic pillows are quite easy, but the patchwork pillow I chose to make as my first project was the hardest I could have chosen. I'm glad I did though, because I learned a LOT. I started on my patchwork pillow at 4:30 Saturday evening and worked on it until 12:30 Sunday morning. HA! I had to keep ripping the seams out though, that's why it took SO long. Me and the ol' seam ripper spent more than our fair share of time together, and I'm sure I'll get to use it more in the future.
There aren't a whole slew of things I am good at in this world so I am quite proud of her.....here she is:
The blue fabric on the left hand side is actual fabric from my bedroom now. Suzie had given me all the other scrap pieces and I loved the sea foam color and decided I wanted to add the color to my palette in the bedroom. So I decided to tie it in this way.
Then I decided to add a flower. I like the "romantic" feeling the flower added to it. (Mrs. Gordon if you're reading this, this pillow SO reminds me of YOU!)
Sunday after church I got excited about making another one and decided to do a solid pillow of my favorite new fabric (which was also a scrap piece). It's the pillow on the right. There is a small piece of this in the patchwork pillow, do you see it?
They both have sea foam green velvet backings. =) So proud. I'll take a picture of the bed with the new pillows the next time I make it.
On a cuter note, Little Joe got taken to the groomer last Thursday. Such a little cutie pie.
Usually he'll pose for the camera but he got a little shy this time.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























3 comments:
Awww Joe! So cute! Love those pillows!! All I can say is WOW about the patchwork one! and LOVE the last picture of you and Little Joe!
thank you thank you thank you!
I LOVE THIS!
Post a Comment