Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend

We had a preeeetty busy weekend. {I feel like I always write something to that effect when I start my weekend post} 
Friday night we ate with a friend while his wife was out of town. Nothing too eventful.

Saturday we woke up early and went jeepin. This was our first time since our jeep has been finished. It was SUPER.FUN!!! I thought I would be pretty intimidated on most hills and stuff but it was such an adrenaline rush! I am officially addicted.  Adam had such a great time too! He's been chomping at the bit to have something of his own to drive instead of having to sit on the sidelines and watch, it makes me so happy to see him having a good time on his day off and reeeally enjoy himself.

I took several pictures of what my view was for the morning.
























































































































































































We had an absolute blast. Ate a LOT of dust...but it was totally worth it. Can't wait to go again!

At 12 o'clock we loaded back up to head home and get ready for the hog game!

This week Suzie, Gary, Nick, Adam, me, and my friend Jennifer, all  joined Adam's boss and his wife for the game and got to sit at the club level. I have never sat in a "fancy" section of a football game before. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!! It was sooooo fun! Me and Jenn kept looking at each other thinking "wow". It was almost like you didn't know how to act! { lol silly I know } Even the food was better on that level. Crack me up!

Adam's sweet boss and his wife are two of the most generous people I have ever met in my life. Every chance he got to ask if we wanted anything to eat during the game he would leave and come back with one of everything, regardless of our answer to him (which was always "I'm great! Thanks though!"). We had a wonderful time with them. They love Adam so much and it is SO obvious to everyone around them when they are together, which of course makes me love them so much! We are so blessed to have them in our lives.

Me and Jenn













































Sunday was a SUPER busy day for me. One of my sweet friends is getting married. Her shower was yesterday from 2-4. It was so good to see her and her sisters and to see some girlies that I haven't seen in a long time! The hostesses had to be there at 1 to set up so I went there after lunch then I had to be at play practice at 3 o'clock and that lasted until 5:45. Then I went and picked up dinner and took in to the house. I wanted to go to evening service because one of my favorite pastors at the church was speaking, but I was ready to see Adam and hang out at the house for a bit.

I had been sitting down for about 10 minutes when I got a phone call that my mother had been picked up by the ambulance and was being taken to the hospital with symptoms of a stroke or heart attack. Turns out it was only a migraine caused by too much stress (she's never had a migraine before but her PT scan came back good), so they sent her home with pain medicine. Thank you Lord. 

So as usual, I am ready for a weekend to recover from my weekend. ha! =)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love the jeep pictures! So fun! Glad your mom is ok!

meeksmiles33 said...

The jeep pictures are awesome!!! Though we need to make an agreement....never to tell Terral about this. :))) He loves the jeep thing and will become Adam's new BF! HA!!! Thanks Jess for keeping our secret!

Jessica S. said...

lol ok! agreed! that's so funny, they have a lot in common! secret's safe with me! =)