Have you ever needed a weekend to recover from the weekend? That's where I'm at today. In serious need of a weekend.
Friday night was fun and laid back, we ate dinner with a couple of our best friends and their little girl. It's so good to have friends that you can just be with. With no awkwardness if no one feels like talking. You know what I mean? When its just feels like you're with family when you're with them? Good stuff...
I have derailed.... ha!
So apparently, Friday morning our dogs had been in a fight with the dogs from across the road. They have fought before and Addie got hurt, this time I didn't think much had happened. She was bleeding a little bit, but she is a farm dog, she gets into lots of little things not to mention horse flies that bite and make you bleed like a stuck hog. So I wasn't concerned. I looked at her Friday evening and saw what looked like a small puncture wound so I gave her some cephalexon (antibiotic) just in case it was worse than it looked, so it wouldn't become infected. All was well with the world, so I went to bed.
Saturday morning we had plans to watch the Hog game with the same friends (they should be tired of us after this weekend. ha! oh and WOO PIG YA'LL!!).
But first we had to drop some paint off at my in-laws and Addie was there laying on their back porch. Gary told me I should look her again, that it looked pretty bad. So I did and it was a lot worse than I'd thought. (granted it was dark when I looked at her the first time)
It looked pretty deep so I talked to Adam and we decided we should go ahead and take her to the animal hospital.
When we got there the vet put her on the table and raised her tail and I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it sooner.
Her whole bottom had been bit (about a 10 inch area) and you could see her muscle it was so deep. (Hard to explain)
Thank goodness it didn't go through the muscle tissue, that wouldn't have ended well.
I felt so bad that I hadn't noticed it sooner. She had to be in so much pain.
The vet ran an estimate for us to see if we could even do anything about it. Thankfully it was within our budget. I don't know how it would've healed on it's own without getting infected.
They took her back to surgery and sewed her up and put a drain tube in. =(
It's.miserable.
She has to wear a cone around her head until the drain tube can come out on Friday.
So if she wants to eat, I have to feed her. If she wants to drink, I have to give her a drink, because the cone doesn't allow her to do anything. I hate it for her.
We have her inside at night so she can keep it clean and she is like a bull in a china closet. She can't see anything so she just walks in circles unless you are right in front of her showing her where to go.
Did I mention it's awful?
On top of ALLLL of that, her rabies vaccination was past due. So for the next 10 days we have to watch her for signs of rabies, since were not positive which dog bit her. We have an idea it's the big pit bull mix that is kind of like the "leader" of that pack of dogs, but who's to say.
If I make it to Friday without wanting to kill her I'll be doing good.
=) I kid.
I'm just glad she's OK. I'll clean up whatever messes I have to.
That's that. Hopefully she'll get used to the cone and start feeling better soon.
Wednesday will be the 5th year since my Papa lost his battle to Parkinson's disease.
I have been missing him so much here lately.
I think it's because I wish he could be here to see me grown, with a place of my own, and a wonderful husband (that reminds me SO much of him by the way), and hopefully someday soon, a child.
My Papa was the love of my life growing up. I was so proud to tell my friends about who he was, and I was always excited to see him when I got off the bus everyday.
He was absolutely, my hero.
When things were going badly at home he was always there to rescue me from it, and his hugs were a big healthy scoop of heaven as well.
I can't ever talk or think too much about him without getting that lump in my throat and free flowing tears. But I do know where he is and I can't wait to see him again.
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
2 Timothy 4:7


















2 comments:
I hate that for Addie! It made me hurt all over for her. Your post about your papa made me cry like a little girl. That is how I am about my memaw. How wonderful will it be to run into their arms again in our eternal home!
Miss you girl!
It's going to be wonderful!!! =) I miss you too!!
Post a Comment