Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What I'm Thinking Wednesday

Yes, I am doing a double "Wednesday" post. But I couldn't pass this up. I so needed this today.

It's written by Vicki Courtney, have you heard of her? If not, you're missing out! She has an incredible testimony and what an awesome mother she is to her children. She spoke at our church last year for a women's conference and my heart was absolutely blessed.

I'm just going to take and excerpt from her post written October 6th, you can see the whole post for yourself just follow the link above.


"Maybe for you, the surplus is not a garden tub. Maybe it’s a new Coach bag (like the one your best friend carries), double-step crown molding in your family room, or the new iPhone 4s. (Ouch.)  And God is saying, “wait.” Or for many of our Christian young people and singles, the surplus might be sex outside of marriage. And God is saying, “wait.” Some may be dating the wrong person because it’s taking waaaay too long to wait for the right one to come along. And God is saying, “wait.” For yet others, the surplus may be a constant connection to white noise via Facebook, Twitter, texting, or your phone. And God is saying, “wait.” For some, it may be the job they thought they needed to afford worldly surpluses for their children. And God is saying, “wait.” For another, it could be a calling in ministry and a tendency to make it happen before its time. And God is saying, “wait.”

A surplus enjoyed in the right season — in God’s timing and with His approval, is a surplus worth waiting for. Until then, enjoy the wait. Who knows, we just might discover that the wait is in fact, a surplus of its own."

There are parts of this that make my heart ache in wishing someone would have told me this years ago, and there are parts of this that give me peace about things that I'm going through now. 

I know the Lord has been listening to my "why?". Maybe His answer right now is simply "wait".

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love this. Thank you!

Meagan said...

Thank you for posting this Jessica! It is so true. So much of life is quick fast paced that it is hard to slow down and enjoy the wait. Good Stuff.