Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What's Coming Up...

Thanksgiving is just around the corner!
I can't believe how fast this year has gone it seems like just a few weeks ago I was playing in the snow with the dogs!
Mmm, maybe we'll get some of that again? I sure hope so!
I thought I would just make a list of all the thing's I'm thankful for.
1. My salvation
2. My husband
3. My family
4. My health
5. My family's health
6. My friends 
7. My job
8. My beautiful home

I could go on and on but I won't.

I also have a vacation coming up!! Sadly, I'm more excited about that than Thanksgiving (haha)
It starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving and it ends December 8th! The best part is I have absolutely ZERO plans! So I'll have a lot of time to clean and decorate the house for Christmas and get Christmas presents made or purchased (haha) and wrapped!
I plan to have Christmas music or movies playing the entire time!!!

Favorite holiday movies:
The Christmas Story
(which is playing over and over at the in-laws until after Christmas lol)
Elf
(Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?)
Christmas with the Kranks
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Preacher's Wife
(Sing it Whitney!)
The Polar Express
(LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hot Chocolate song)
A Charlie Brown Christmas
(used to watch this at Nanny & Papa Ray's house every year)

Favorite Holiday Music:
Sarah McLachlan Wintersong CD
(River, Wintersong, I'll Be Home For Christmas, Silent Night, lol OK the whole CD but those are my top favorites on the disk)
Dave Koz:
Memories Of A Winter's Night
December Makes Me Feel This Way
Smooth Jazz Christmas
(I love all three Cd's, what can I say? I will always be a huge nerdy saxophone fan)
Anything Christmas by Whitney Houston but ESPECIALLY: The Christmas Song
(That woman can SING)

I love the house to smell like Christmas too! Anything cinnamon, toasted sugar, rustic outdoorsy smelling scents are my FAVORITE!

I also love to bake during Christmas, who doesn't?
And I think my absolute favorite part in the whole gift thing is wrapping them!
I love for all the boxes to match the tree, and Suzie taught me how to make the pretty bows to go on them. =) So yeah it's a pretty big deal. lol
Also, just last year I started making special name tags to put on the one present Santa leaves. =)
Their really cute, colorful, big tags that have the names laminated on them. If we didn't save them last year I'll get to make new ones (yippee!!!).

Well I guess that's all for today. Not a lot has been going on lately so I haven't had much to post.
If you don't read from me again,
Happy Thanksgiving!



5 comments:

Beaubecky said...

"Hot chocolate! ya we got it!" LOVE christmas movies!!

Jessica S. said...

LOL! yes maam!!! love it!!!

Katie said...

Very cute post!!

Tonia Hobbs said...

Holiday movies are the best!

Jessica S. said...

They sure are Tonia! Gives ya the warm and fuzzies!! lol

Thank you Katie!