Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Hogoween!


So this weekend was very eventful for us! We got tickets to the Razorback game against Vanderbilt for Saturday. I have only been to one Hog game (football) in my life so I was SO excited! We were given 6 tickets so we were able to take Adam's parents AND my parents! It was SO much fun, we all rode together and ate dinner before we went to the stadium. I never imagined having them together would be so great (no offense to any of them, but you never think putting those two groups of people in your life together would be anything great haha)
Friday night (kind of going out of order) Adam went to some haunted houses with his brother Nick. (I stayed home, not a big fan of those) I had LOTS to do for the fall festival coming up on November 6th so I was perfectly content staying home alone. My friend (and crafty business partner LOL) and I have a booth next weekend at the community's 6th annual Fall Festival. We have been working like little slaves trying to get all of our crafts done! I got EVERYTHING done Friday night and Saturday morning THANK GOODNESS! So this next week I can worry about last minute details.
I absolutely LOVE making things, and it wasn't until I met sweet Katie that I started getting more creative.
The items I have made to sell this Saturday are coasters and "Melting Flower" barrettes/pins.
The coasters started out pretty simple, until Katie had the genius idea of "Modge Podging" them! (seriously GENIUS) They are actually pretty quick to make, the flowers on the other hand.....UGH!
They are seriously painstaking (literally) you melt the edges of the fabric so you can imagine the burns I have on my hands right now, between hot melted fabric sticking to me AND the glue gun! Ouch!
But I am VERY proud of my finished product(s) and hope they are a big hit at the festival!



One of each of my favorites!











3 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Next weekend should be a hoot! (we hope)

Beaubecky said...

YAY! I am so glad you found me! I am following you now too! Your blog looks so good! Welcome to blogland!! :)

Jessica S. said...

Katie- we will have fun no matter what!
Becky- OH GOODIE!!! My second EVER follower! haha! Thank you! I love your blog too! =)